Physiotiques has implemented multiple COVID-19 safety protocols because your safety is my highest priority!
I’m currently offering both telehealth appointments and in-person appointments at Canopy Integrated Health in North Vancouver (where all precautions and safety measures are being taken). Just be sure to select either in-person or telehealth appointments upon booking your appointment!
Safety Precautions: Your Pre-Appointment Checklist
Before coming in for a face-to-face appointment, please review the following COVID safety protocols, from the provincial health officer:
#1 Use Personal Protective Equipment
You will be required to wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer we provide before entering. Please bring a mask with you for each visit. If you do not have a mask, you may either purchase one for $2/mask or borrow a non-medical cloth mask.
#2 Participate in Pre-Screening
We will contact you 12 hours before each appointment for mandatory pre-screening. You’ll also need to complete a Risk Assessment Questionnaire & Consent form before your appointment time. You will need to complete this form again before each scheduled appointment.
#3 Pay With A Card
We are only accepting contactless payment, and will only be providing emailed receipts. Please ensure that you have a credit card on file for billing. We will process your insurance, charge any remaining fee to your stored credit card, and email your receipt.
If you do not already have a credit card on file with your Jane account, you can add it by signing into your account, select the ‘My Account’ tab and then the ‘Credit Cards on File’ tab to enter your card details.
#4 Come Dressed And Ready
Come ready for your appointment, already wearing appropriate clothing for your treatment. Change rooms will not be available.
#5 Complete Intake Forms Online, In Advance
Please complete any required online intake forms prior to your appointment.
#6 Arrive On Time (And Alone)
Please arrive on time, and no more than 5 min prior to your appointment, to help reduce crowding at the clinic entrance and maintain physical distancing.
Please arrive unaccompanied as we, unfortunately, are not able to accommodate extra visitors at this time (this includes children, spouses, family, and friends). Only patients with scheduled appointments are allowed to enter the clinic at this time.
When you arrive, please wait outside in the courtyard for your practitioner or front desk staff to bring you to your treatment room.
To let us know you have arrived, you can check yourself in using your smartphone by scanning the QR code posted at the front entrance.
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe
- We’re waiving cancellation fees during this time, so please stay home if you are feeling unwell– and we will do the same!
- All practitioners and staff will be wearing a mask. Some may be wearing additional PPE such as face shields, goggles, gloves, scrubs, or gowns.
- All high-touch surfaces and common areas will be thoroughly (and regularly) sanitized.
- We’re thoroughly sanitizing all of our treatment rooms and equipment between patients. We’ve also added extra time between each patient visit to ensure proper sanitation of all surfaces, treatment beds, and equipment.
- Throughout the clinic, we will be maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters, with clearly marked signs.
- All magazines, books, and toys have been removed from waiting rooms.
What You Can Do To Keep Us Safe:
- Stay home if you’re feeling unwell, have recently travelled, or suspect to have come into contact with someone who is unwell.
- Please leave all unnecessary personal belongings in the car or at home and arrive unaccompanied.
- We ask that you plan to use the washroom at home before arriving at the clinic, as use of our restroom will be for emergency use only.
- Set up online payments and schedule appointments through our online booking site to minimize contact and congestion of the reception area.
- Please be mindful of signage throughout the clinic and keep 2 meters distance if you come across others in reception or hallways.